Dear Members of the Randolph College Community,
I am pleased to share that the selection of the Presidential Search Committee for the College’s 10th president is complete. In forming this committee, Chair-elect Becky Morrison Dunn ’70, Vice-Chair Tom Faulders, and I sought a broadly representative group that reflects the diversity of perspectives at the College. Thank you to the following individuals for agreeing to serve on the Committee:
- Tom Faulders, Vice-Chair, Board of Trustees & Chair of the Presidential Search Committee
- Terry Bodine, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life
- Dr. William Coulter, Eichelbaum Professor of English
- Peter H. Dean, Board of Trustees
- Becky Morrison Dunn ’70, Chair-elect, Board of Trustees
- Dr. Jennifer Gauthier, Associate Professor of Communication
- Donald M. Giles, Board of Trustees
- Cathy Havener Greer ’73, Board of Trustees
- Jacob Hood ’14, Student Representative
- Elizabeth A. Maffey ’83, Board of Trustees
- Jan Meriwether, Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Emily Rist ’14, Student Representative
- Dr. Gordon Steffey, Associate Professor of Religion
- Alison Keller Townsend ’75, Board of Trustees
Dr. Wes Fugate, Executive Assistant to the President and Secretary of the Board of Trustees, will serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member and staff to the Committee.
A presidential search is a significant undertaking for any institution, requiring the commitment of time and expertise of the Committee members as well as an investment of the College’s resources. I want to thank the members of this Committee for their willingness to serve and for their continued commitment to Randolph College.
The Committee’s primary responsibility is to find and vet candidates and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees. In doing so, the Committee will hold open meetings with Randolph community members to hear qualifications and attributes they desire in the next President. Tom Faulders, as chair of the Committee, will also provide regular updates to the community during the search process.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I thank each of you for the assistance you will provide in the coming year as the College selects and names its 10th president.
Lucy W. Hooper ’73
Board of Trustees